Apple moves 10.6.4 update and iTunes 9.2
In advance of the iPhone 4 release next Thursday and iOS 4.0’s coming out party this Friday, Apple’s moved two important updates. On my machine the combined size weighs in at 437MB.
It’s important to note that the 10.6.4 update includes Safari 5, so be aware of this if you’re thinking about updating. I haven’t run into any issues with Safari 5 yet, but you never know.
Here’s the nitty gritty from Apple
iTunes 9.2 comes with several new features and improvements, including:
• Sync with iPhone 4 to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows, books and more on-the-go
• Sync and read books with iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 and iBooks 1.1
• Organize and sync PDF documents as books. Read PDFs with iBooks 1.1 on iPad and any iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4
• Organize your apps on your iOS 4 home screens into folders using iTunes
• Faster back-ups while syncing an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4
• Album artwork improvements make artwork appear more quickly when exploring your library For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
The 10.6.4 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It includes Safari 5 and general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:
resolve an issue that causes the keyboard or trackpad to become unresponsive
resolve an issue that may prevent some Adobe Creative Suite 3 applications from opening
address issues copying, renaming, or deleting files on SMB file servers
improve reliability of VPN connections
resolve a playback issue in DVD Player when using Good Quality deinterlacing
resolve an issue editing photos with iPhoto or Aperture in full screen view
improve compatibility with some braille displays
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4150 . For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222 .