My predictions for tomorrow’s Apple event
I like to be last second with these things as you probably noticed last year with my Macworld Keynote predictions. Since I bombed on those pretty badly, there’s plenty of room for me to go up with this one.
1) There will be a tablet.
2) It will run on iPhone OS 3.2, which will be announced tomorrow and made available sometime in March.
3) The tablet won’t be available at the time of the event, but it will be available around the same time as the iPhone update. Look for something akin to the 3.0 release where the software was out two days before the iPhone 3GS hit the market.
4) iLife 10 will be out with a significant update to Garageband
5) The mystical tablet will not be referred to as a tablet during the presentation. Apple will treat this like a new space and will not trod on the past ground.
Sounds pretty simple so far right? Well how about this one:
6) Remember back in 2008 in the year of our Lord when Apple filed a patent that seemed a little odd? The docking station for a computer? That was made for this tablet.
7) It’ll run about $800 with the station.
Alright so thats 7 predictions, let’s see if I can at least go 2/7 this time.